Our healthcare system in America is broken. Not only does this damaged and disjointed healthcare system impact the quality of care patients receive and the delivery of that care, but it also makes that the care that is delivered to vulnerable patients very unsafe. While most doctors and nurses have their hearts in the right place, and try their best to provide the quality of care that patients deserve, the tragedy is that devastating errors and mistakes can occur that harm patients. These medical injuries are the result of systems issues that are preventable and foreseeable. Contact our experienced Washington D.C. medical malpractice attorneys for more information and assistance today.
Patients who are victimized by medical malpractice must advocate for their own rights when they are injured by negligent medical professionals. It can be overwhelming to be injured, and have to take legal action against those who are responsible for your injuries. All you want to do when you are hurt is focus on recovering to the best of your ability. Do not fear. The Washington D.C. medical malpractice attorneys at Bertram Law Group PLLC are ready and available to assist you with your medical malpractice claim.
Our experienced Washington D.C. medical malpractice attorneys can help with any of the following issues:
- Dangerous Drugs: Drugs are suppose to help you get better, not cause you more or different injuries. We can help you if you have a dangerous drug claim.
- Common Medical Malpractice Cases: Common medical malpractice injuries can include missed or delayed diagnosis, medical errors, medication errors, anesthesia errors and surgical errors.
- Hospital Malpractice: Hospitals are also responsible for providing patients with a certain level of care. Hospital protocol may cause you to be injured, or could exacerbate existing injuries you may have.
- Urgent Care Malpractice: When medical care needs to be provided urgently, there is a higher risk that mistakes will happen.
- Defective Medical Devices: A defective medical device can cause a patient a lot of problems. Whether the device is malfunctioning, was improperly installed or is causing unintended injuries, you should not have to suffer uncompensated.
- Birth Injuries/Cerebral Palsy: A number of birth injuries can occur during delivery and during post-natal care. One of the most common birth injuries involves insufficient oxygen being supplied to the brain of the baby. This can cause brain injuries, developmental disorders, and conditions such as cerebral palsy.
- Morcellator Injuries: Many women suffer morcellator injuries during hysterectomy surgical procedures. Surgical tools should aid in your treatment, not cause you further or different injuries.
- Vaccine Injuries: Some vaccines are capable of causing severe reactions and serious injuries. Vaccine injuries are unique and often rare.
- Brain Injuries: A car accident, sports-related injury or a slip and fall accident could all prompt a very serious brain injury. A thorough medical evaluation needs to be conducted to assess the full extent of your brain injury.
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect: The elderly are a particularly vulnerable group of individuals because many depend upon their caregivers for a number of things ranging from medical care to nourishment. Nursing home neglect and abuse should never be tolerated.
- Military Medical Malpractice: When military dependents, veterans and retirees suffer medical malpractice injuries at the hands of a military doctor or while at a military hospital, they may have a military medical malpractice cause of action against those who harmed them.
- Contingency Fee Business Litigation: If you are facing business litigation issues, the idea of hiring a lawyer might seem costly and daunting. Bertram Law Group PLLC offers contingency fee arrangement for business litigation clients.
When such harm occurs to a victim and their family, it is imperative that victims retain lawyers who are experienced in their specific type of claim in order to make sure that the case is thoroughly investigated, soundly represented, and aggressively pursued. These types of cases are complex and can be costly to litigate. You will need medical malpractice attorneys with the know-how and the resources it takes to represent you in order to assure that you have the best chance of obtaining the justice you deserve.
Bertram Law Group PLLC has a nurse and doctors on retainer who review each medical malpractice case with Ms. Bertram from the outset. This allows us to evaluate cases quickly and fairly so that you can move forward toward justice while you focus on putting your life back together and work on recovering from your injuries.
In a case of Washington D.C. medical malpractice, victims may be owed compensation for the following:
- Past and future medical bills;
- Hospital bills and physical therapy;
- Future medical expenses that result from the injury or illness;
- Lost income – past and future; and/or
- Pain and suffering.
With more than 25 years of experience and a reputation for excellence, Washington D.C. medical malpractice attorney Catherine Bertram will put in-depth knowledge of medical malpractice law to use as she analyzes and pursues your case. Our medical malpractice team is dedicated to getting victims full compensation so their injury or illness can influence their life as little as possible. Learn how we can help you by calling 202-803-5800 today.